Tuesday, 12 February 2013

A win for Suzuki at San Diego Stadium



Rockstar Energy Racing Suzuki's Davi Millsaps dominated Saturday night's sixth round of the AMA/ FIM World Supercross Championship at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California with a victory aboard his RM-Z450.

Millsaps - who has led the series from the first-round in Anaheim in January - increased his lead in the 17-round series to 19 points as 250cc-class team-mate Jason Anderson brought home a podium and third-placed finish in the 250 Main Event.


Track a Mack


Millsaps (25) mastered the slick circuit - protected with plastic sheeting from inclement weather conditions overnight by the Track Wurx crew when two inches of rain fell - and gated his 100th consecutive Supercross race with a Holeshot and a $1500 cheque.

Millsaps said: 

"I'm doing the best I can. If it's me winning, or me second or third, as long as I'm doing the best I can, I'm happy with it. I'm definitely pumped for the whole team, myself and everyone behind me. Just for everyone, it was a pretty cool night. I think this win is a little cooler than the one at A1 as I've never 'gotten the holeshot and led all 20 laps of a Main Event before. For me, it was really special that I led the whole race without getting passed. You can't take anything away from the Anaheim 1 victory though; everyone wants to come in and win that one.

"The season opener is a special one. The difference this year has been the preparation. I'm on a bike I love, that I'm comfortable with, a team that's behind me; and also willing to give me anything I need and work with me. All of that is for sure."

A great race for Anderson


Anderson, who raced to second in his six-lap heat, took the 250 Main Event Holeshot - a milestone for Rockstar Energy Racing with both 450 and 250-class Holeshot awards on one night - and he rode a near flawless race. The 19 year old finished on the podium for the second time in three races and collected his third consecutive top-five finish.

Anderson said:

"It was a good night. I struggled a little bit in practice and ended up qualifying seventh. I got good starts all night and ended up running up front so I'm happy about it. But I got the Holeshot in the Main, which is kind-of unexpected for me! I actually shocked myself when I was up front but you know it's a good feeling to be up there. I've just been applying what I do at the test track to what I do at the races. That's what I've been working on. I've always been a good rider and been fast; it's just been about putting it all together. This is only my third holeshot in three years so I need to improve on that."



San Diego 450 Supercross Results: 

  • 1. Davi Millsaps (Rockstar Energy Suzuki)
  • 2. Justin Barcia (Honda)
  • 3. Ryan Dungey (KTM)
  • 4. James Stewart (Yoshimura Suzuki)
  • 5. Chad Reed (Honda)
  • 6. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki)
  • 7. Justin Brayton (Yamaha)
  • 8. Trey Canard (Honda)
  • 9. Andrew Short (Honda)
  • 10. Mike Alessi (Suzuki)
  • 11. Broc Tickle (RCH Racing Suzuki)
  • 18 Josh Hill (RCH Racing Suzuki) 






Info from Suzuki press office

Wemoto

No comments:

Post a Comment