Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Kneen is Keen at NW200

Personal best for Kneen at NW200


Manx rider Dan Kneen had his best ever results at the NW200 road races in Northern Ireland on Saturday. He was never out of the top ten on his GSXR600 Suzuki, sponsored by Wemoto.com, and finished eighth round the 8.9 mile circuit.

IN the first race he was engaged in a power struggle with Ben Wylie and Ian Hutchinson but kept them successfully at arm's length and came in to finish the six lap race 0.7s clear of Wylie.



The second race saw Dan staying in touch with Johnson throughout the race and he was rewarded at the end of six tough laps with another eighth place finish.



He was not so happy with his performance in the rainy Superstock race on Thursday evening where he came in twenty-sixth.

Speaking after all the races Dan commented:

"It's been a solid enough day and whilst the results on the big bike don't read great, I was happy with how the bike was performing and I learnt a lot in terms of both set-up and what needs to be done prior to the TT. The Supersport races obviously went well and to finish 8th in both and get my best ever finishes here was very pleasing. I was down a bit on top speed, which made it quite difficult, but the little bike was handling really well and I was happy with how I rode, particularly in the first race where I was able to keep Ben and Ian behind me despite the obvious pressure. I was disappointed not to get a decent finish in the Superstock race but I left my braking a little bit too late and that was pretty much that but we weren't too far away so I'm sure we'll be up there at the TT."

"The North West is such a fast circuit that you really need a Superbike
machine to be competitive so I used those races to get in some good
mileage on a dry track so it was definitely a case of mission
accomplished there. I would obviously liked to have finished more of the
races but I got plenty of time in on the bikes and can now get really
stuck in to my TT preparations. These opening few meetings have been
done with the TT in mind and whilst we've got a bit of work to do, I'm
confident we'll be in the running in each class and be able to give a
real good account of ourselves."

Dan will contest all six races at the Isle of Man TT races with the
opening practice session taking place around the 37.73-mile circuit on
Saturday 26 May.


Dan is sponsored by wemoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment